I’ve seen so many Mexican Martini recipes that completely miss the boat. This is a very popular drink here in Austin, Texas and I have sampled quite a few of them. After much careful testing, I think I have perfected a pretty damn good version.
- 2 oz. Tequila – Use a good silver tequila. The light color makes it look better.
- 1 1/2 oz. Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- 2 oz. Lime Juice. Don’t use a mix for this drink. Sweet and Sour will ruin it.
- 1 oz. Orange Juice.
- 1 splash Sprite
- 1 splash olive juice – or more to taste.
- Jalapeno stuffed olives!
How To Make It:
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it and strain it into a BIG cocktail glass with a salted rim. Spear a few jalapeno stuffed olives and garnish the drink. Serve it up.
This is a really delicious drink that packs quite a punch. You can experiment until you get what you feel is the right blend of flavors. Certain people I know like it with a LOT of olive juice. That variation of the drink we call the Dirty Mexican.
But use these guidelines when experimenting:
- Use good tequila
- NEVER use sweet and sour
- Jalapeno stuffed olives really pimp the drink out.
Glass: Big Cocktail glass
Popularity: 100% [?]