Here’s our all time favorite drink to serve for your guests while you watch Ryan Seacrest and Justin Bieber strip what little dignity is left from Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve. You might think we’d go with a champagne based drink, but the bubbly is best served as is, at midnight. For a special treat for your guests, give this a try earlier in the evening.
The Best New Years Drink Recipe:
Happy New Year Hot Buttered Rum
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package confectioners’ sugar, sifted (16 oz)
- 1 pound light brown sugar, packed
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- your favorite dark rum
1. In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugars together until smooth. Add the softened ice cream and mix until it’s exceptionally creamy. Transfer this to a freezer container with a tight fitting lid. Place in the freezer for as long as you can (a few days to a few weeks, yes, start now).
2. When you’re ready to partay, place a heaping 2 tablespoons of the frozen mix in a highball glass or coffee mug. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons dark rum. Pour over the mix 6 ounces of boiling water and stir until the mixture is melted. Sprinkle top with cinnamon or nutmeg and serve!
Happy holidays and enjoy!
Popularity: 4% [?]